Tuesday, December 13, 2016

What are we doing? Where are we going?

Alta Wilde Lake, Winter 2016

In the last two years, I have been all over Howard County, and for a little while now I have been wondering: What is the vision for Howard County and Columbia?  On one hand, Columbia and HoCo are in pretty good shape.  There are plenty of good reasons to move here and even more reasons to stay here.  However, there seems to be a reluctance to articulate where we, as a community, and as a County are going.

What are the next big things that Howard County and Columbia going to do?

How do we get there?

As you probably guessed by now, I have some ideas.  I will be going through a lot of them in the next month.  We need to set some ambitious goals and we need to do it soon.  For a lot of people in Howard County, the status quo is pretty comfortable, but now is the time to get hungry.  To expand the full potential of the HoCo good life to all residents.  To challenge ourselves with measurable goals that matter.  To bring order to how we move about HoCo, and the Central Maryland region.  To redefine what it means to be a community of action.

Join me, challenge me, work with me to make Columbia and HoCo even better.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back. Looking forward to next steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add me as one who is also glad to see you back. You think big.

    ReplyDelete